Re: [opensuse] Printing problem : firewall ?
On 1/14/2014 3:33 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
On the laptop of my daughter it's not possible to print to a CUPS-printer on
a server without disabling the firewall of the laptop.

First I had the wireless lan in the external zone, and defined exceptions for
IPP in the advanced setup, both TCP and UDP. Did not work.
Then I modified the WiFi interface to the internal zone, and checked the
'protect firewall from internal zone'

Wait, what?!

If you can print by disabling the firewall on the LAPTOP, then why are you
dicking around with
your network structure?

Clearly the problem is in the latptop.

Maybe you should tell us a bit about the laptop OS and what ever OS is used for
your Cups server?

Its possible the laptop is going direct, via Jet-Direct (port 9100), and
ignoring your cups server
when you disable the firewall laptop.
Its also possible your cups server is not serving your local net, but only
itself.

In any event, If the problem is solved by simply disabling the firewall on her
laptop
then the problem is not the structure of the network.