[opensuse] Printing problem : firewall ?
Hi,

On the laptop of my daughter it's not possible to print to a CUPS-printer on a server without disabling the firewall of the laptop.

First I had the wireless lan in the external zone, and defined exceptions for IPP in the advanced setup, both TCP and UDP. Did not work. Then I modified the WiFi interface to the internal zone, and checked the 'protect firewall from internal zone'. I also added exceptions for IPP on TCP and UDP. I also tried using the port number : 631. But nothing works. Only disabling the firewall completely enables
me to print.
What am I doing wrong ?

Running Opensuse 12.3.

Thanks for any pointers.

BTW, I want to use "external zone" because the laptop can be used anywhere, not just at home behind a decent (I hope) firewall.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong