Re: [opensuse] OpenSuSE and controller B110i sata raid controller
On 01/13/2014 05:29 AM, Claudio ML wrote:
Hello all,

I have to substitute an old system, with a newer one. Now my problem is:
many HP Server have as default the controller SATA B110i sata raid.
My question is: it can work with OpenSuSE ? And, can be used as raid
controller, or only with a single drive configuration?

Cordially,

Claudio.

There are drivers supplied by HP for SLES 11. You might
see if that will install.

But I believe this is a FakeRaid controller. Often with these
you can actually achieve better performance if it is possible
to simply disable the onboard raid with a jumper or a bios setting
which gives you a controller with a lot of different headers, which
can then be used with software raid.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /