Re: [opensuse] Symbolic link
On 01/13/2014 12:02 AM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
Of course it's a dangling symlink - that was the aim of the
demonstration: a symlink does not necessarily have to resolve
to an existing file system object.

And this is not bad, by the way, and can be used to advantage.
On one job (consultant to a discovery proceeding) we had a huge cache of
documents on DVDs. Many DVDs. Lawyers needed to build on the fly
links to accessing something they found interesting.

Mostly We were able to search these, and create a directory full of soft
links to the actual DVDs, but also train some of the paralegals
to drag and drop, creating soft links to things they found.

These would work while that DVD was in the
Attorney’s drive but would show unresolved (or zero size) when a
different DVD was inserted.

I don't recall why they didn't copy the entire documents of interest
but there was some reason they weren't allowed to do this.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /