Re: [opensuse] smbd errors
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 03:10:15PM +0100, lynn wrote:
On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 14:39 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:17:19PM +0100, lynn wrote:
[ 8< ]
Conclusion: It is quicker for me to build Samba4 from source than go to
bugzilla and wait for openSUSE to get it error free. I shall however
maintain AD + cifs boxes in the lab to test anything the devs would like
to throw at me that we may get it error free.

Please file bug reports if you think the Samba package we offer for
openSUSE are broken.

See bnc#857454 for the particular issue.

What you see in the log is a warning. It's an ongoing discussion if we
set -D in /etc/sysconfig/samba or if we have to modify the debug level
from 0 to 3 or 5 for example.

OK. So the blame passes to systemd messages being based on the debug
level set in smb.conf?

These aren't systemd messages. These are Samba daemon startup messages.
They're at the moment at level 0 and therefore it's not possible to
suppress them. The log/ debug level of this particular statement should
better be 3 or 5.

So why then, after the latest update do we now
have warnings when before we didn't?

Cause before there had not been native systemd support. And in the old
init script files we started the daemons with the option -D by default.

Have you tested it in an AD domain? If so, could you please share your
apparmor profile?

Regarding AppArmor see bnc#856651 If this still isn't fixed you have to
consider to file a bug report.

Cheers,

Lars
--