Re: [opensuse] Obscure http -> https redirection in Firefox
On 01/08/2014 11:50 AM, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
Of course...

I'm also not seeing any cache thing. The issue is that *whatever*
http-URL I enter for this one host, it get's "converted" to https by
Firefox. Even an URL which I just created like the /opensuse/ .
And not only when I enter the URL by hand. When I scroll up in
Thunderbird and click on the http://home.gofferje.net/opensuse/ URL in
my original message, Firefox tries to open exactly the same URL just via
https. And - as I wrote, I just created it for this thread and it
doesn't exist on the https host, so it couldn't be a cache issue.

It's definitely no apache config issue because with Konqueror, I do
*not* have the same issue.

-S

For your http/https virtual servers. How is apache handling the transfer to
https with redirection or with mod_rewrite and address rewriting?

I tried your URL with http and I get nothing, just a blank white page. With
https I get all the warnings and things that make me think I'm about to get
shot.

I do something similar to what you do, allow http for intranet access and for
simple unimportant pages, but then enforce https for webapps and directories
requiring authorization. I do it with address rewriting on a per-directory basis
instead of redirections. E.g.:

<Directory "/srv/http/htdocs/egroupware">
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^192\.168\.7\.
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L]
</IfModule>
</Directory>