Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.1 - xdm is installed with the minimal selection (for text-mode only) ??
В Sat, 11 Jan 2014 14:36:17 -0500
Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Per Jessen said the following on 01/11/2014 02:19 PM:
Why on earth does the minimal install insist on installing 'xdm' ?? This
seems to be new, maybe introduced with an update, I dunno.

Is this a text-only, headless or a GUI resulting 'minimal install'?
("Context is everything"!)
If there is no GUI/X-server then I can see that its not necessary.

xdm can be used to log in remotely, so I do not see how local GUI or
X-server are relevant.

What is the dependency that necessitates XDM?
(Sorry, I'm not on 13.1 I can test that.)