Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.1 - xdm is installed with the minimal selection (for text-mode only) ??
Anton Aylward said the following on 01/11/2014 02:36 PM:
Per Jessen said the following on 01/11/2014 02:19 PM:
Why on earth does the minimal install insist on installing 'xdm' ?? This
seems to be new, maybe introduced with an update, I dunno.

Is this a text-only, headless or a GUI resulting 'minimal install'?
("Context is everything"!)
If there is no GUI/X-server then I can see that its not necessary.

What is the dependency that necessitates XDM?
(Sorry, I'm not on 13.1 I can test that.)

On 12.3 I get

$ sudo rpm -q --whatrequires xdm
xorg-x11-essentials-7.6_1-187.1.noarch
kdebase4-workspace-4.11.5-5.1.i586

And I suppose you could iterate... but I *DO* have all of KDE4 loaded