Re: [opensuse] I don't know how to make bluetooth work in 13.1 XFCE
On 2014-01-11 01:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-01-11 00:32, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

If XFCE is affected, why was not this told in the release notes
as well?

No idea. File a bug and they might fix the release notes for
future potential upgraders.

XFCE is GTK based and in fact it uses some parts from Gnome. It should
just work.

I did some invetigating.

In 12.3 XFCE just uses the Gnome tool set for bluetooth, I have just
verified it. It is done by '/usr/bin/bluetooth-applet', which is:

cer@Telcontar:~> which bluetooth-applet
/usr/bin/bluetooth-applet
cer@Telcontar:~> rpm -qf /usr/bin/bluetooth-applet
gnome-bluetooth-3.6.1-3.1.2.x86_64
cer@Telcontar:~>

If you call configure on it, it uses "gnome-control-center bluetooth".

One rumour I heard was that the gnome people had modified things so that
others, like the xfce people, would not be able to use them. Maybe that
is why bluetooth no longer works on xfce.

:-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.