Re: [opensuse] opensuse 13.1 annoying limitations
On Friday, January 10, 2014 11:23:12 PM jdd wrote:
Le 10/01/2014 21:22, John Andersen a écrit :
Bluetooth isn't a priority.
Fix it yourself.
OpenSuse 13.1 is great but has some broken things.

notice this seems to be a kde problem, not openSUSE, so probably identical
in any distribution, what do not make it better...

jdd

So far, in general terms, it is BlueZ5 version conflicting with the Bluedevil
available version on KDE 4.11.x. There is work in progress to take the last
Bluedevil. As soon as it is ready it will be pushed for updates. It does not
depends on openSUSE developers or any team.

It was known issue when openSUSE 13.1 was released. And it is specific to KDE
in favor to GNOME. Sure you did not want to get an old BlueZ version when new
version is already available and Bluedevil (Bluetoot KDE applet) is almost
ready to deliver the new version in few more weeks.

Conclusion: we should not blame our teams. If Bluetooth is priority stay on
openSUSE 12.3 until 13.1 gets fixed and ready for your purposes. Fortunately,
we have that option. OTOH, If you already are using 13.1 just few more days
waiting could make the reward.

For multimedia, purposes openSUSE 12.2 still makes my day. On the following oS
versions the GStreamer transition from 0.10 to 1.x.x version has been too
delayed. And it is on all distros and applications leaving many of them out.
Sadly, we shall have an openSUSE 12.2 farewell soon and the GStreamer
transition is not completed on all applications (many still using
GSteamer-0.10.xx)

Regards,

R. Chung