Re: [opensuse] general thoughts on 13.1?
On 10/01/14 12:56, James Knott wrote:
Thomas Taylor wrote:
Hi James,
Have you opened task manager to see what is taking up so much cpu time? In
many cases it's tracker or nepomuk updating their respective databases.

Well, I can try. But as I mentioned, when this happens, I can't do
anything.

Open the task manager *before* you start the operation, or leave it open (semi-)permanently for a while, and you can just look at it when the problem occurs... make it always-on-top or arrange windows so it's visible if you can't even switch windows...

Also, why should updating any database be such a performance
hit? Shouldn't that sort of activity be given a low priority?