[opensuse] Thunderbird : mail to list without html
Hi,

A while ago our company made a rule forcing users to send html-messages to correspondents. Now when I try to send a mail to a list, Thunderbird seems not to understand the setting in the address book. E.g. I indicated in my addressbook to sent ascii-messages to a test-user. When I click on "compose message" I get a screen with html-possibilities. When I enter a message and send it, the receiver gets a html-message.
It does not help to send a message via the address-book, same problem.

So what's the point of the configuration in the addressbook when Thunderbird does not use it. Or am I missing something ?
Or is it the fact that I have a html-footer included that confuses Thunderbird ?

I'm running OS12.2, Thunderbird 24.2.0.

Thanks for any pointers,

Koenraad