Re: [opensuse] Obscure http -> https redirection in Firefox

On 14-01-08 11:19 AM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 08/01/14 13:01, Stefan Gofferje escribió:
Hi,

I'm experiencing some weird redirection with Firefox 26 on OS 12.3...

Not a weird redirection.. what you are most likely seeing here is called HTTP Strict Transport Security. you configured the https virtualhost with it.

But that doesn't make any sense, because I can not reproduce it on any of my machines (including several versions of Firefox on Windows 7, Ubuntu 12.04, and now OpenSuse 13.1). I would have expected that configuring HTTP Strict Transport Security in a given virtual host would affect all visitors to the site equally. Hence, I would have expected all visitors to his site to see the same redirection if he'd configured HTTP Strict Transport Security for his virtual host. Is there a way to configure it so it's use depends on the domain from which the visitor accesses the site, or perhaps based on use of client side certificates?

Cheers

Ted