Re: [opensuse] Resources being sucked...
John --

...and then John Bennett said...
%
% (copying large amounts of data, locally, ie from internal disk to usb2
% external disk), basically kills the PC - Can't really be used while the
[snip]

I suspect that it's a USB thing. I know that when I start trying to move
serious data around via USB, even USB3, on any system I pretty much can't
do anything. All of my sync & copy work happens at convenient times like
breakfast and overnight :-)

Something like rsync to minimize data transfer for sync helps a lot, as
can some advance planning. If you just gotta move data, though, I bet
you're stuck with this behavior as the norm. [And if I'm wrong, I would
dearly love to have the better answer, too!]

Good luck!

:-D
--
David T-G