Re: [opensuse] 'restart' /var/log/messages (trivial question)
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:08:30 +0100
On Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:03:34 AM John Andersen wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you, running 10.2, and am very happy with it. I
have no plans to move to 13.1. Too many horror stories. I might move to
13.2, but I'm in no particular rush, because IINBDFI (If Its Not
Broke...). I intend to let SystemD settle and become stable and robust.
Or I might end up switching to OpenBSD.

I have very little open to the outside world on this box, so I'm not too
concerned with running older software.

This box is in our company's DMZ. All system are audited by a external
company. They report that the versions of the software (for services like
http, smtp, imap etc) are too old. They must be updated if they are to certify
whatever it is they certify. So I have been given no option. I cannot imagine
updating these apps on a 10.0 system that was never set up for development (no
-devel packages for anything - if that layout was even in place back in 10.0).

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems