[opensuse] Video Regression from 11.1 to 12.3 with Radeon 7000
I've done a great deal of searching & I can't seem to find a useful solution.

I finally got around to getting my old 11.1 install running on my
Thinkpad A30p with Radeon Mobility 7000. With 12.3, The video
performance is slow, and I can't get MPlayer to play a video at all.
With 11.1, I can play an x264 480p video with no problem. The laptop
has a Tualatin P3/1.2Ghz & 1GB RAM.

I've found all kinds of suggestions, like turning off KMS or creating
an xorg.conf file and changing accelmethod from EXA to XXA. Turning
off DRI made no differnce.

Nothing works. There seems to be a similar regression with uBuntu
from 8.10 to 9.04 as well.

I tried to copy the xorg.conf from 11.1 to 12.3 but it fails to load.

Has anyone managed to get this video chip working properly with newer
versions of oS?

Thanx