Re: [opensuse] Re: forums.opensuse.org down?
On Tuesday, January 07, 2014 04:33:52 PM John Andersen wrote:
On 1/7/2014 4:04 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
Don't hate forums. Hate the hackers who think this is a fun thing to do,
especially to an open source project.

Playing devils advocate, those guys serve a purpose too.

There are a bazillion users using vBulletin, but this particular hacker
seems to go after precisely those users that should be better protected, and
who should be running the most current versions with the best security.

In the mean time he appears not to bother with sewing boards or hobby
boards.

I'm sure the forums will come back better than they were in the past,
with fewer holes.

I wouldn't hate this hacker either because he is only pointing a security
issue. So far, he is not making money or leaking the data to Internet to hurt
anybody nor posting how to exploit the flaw or details to crack it.

The good thing is we have a great security incident team taking care of it.
Fast response shutting down the server and removing it to find the best way to
fix it (hardenning).

My 0.00001 cents
--
Ricardo Chung |