Re: [opensuse] Why is RasPi worth more effort than older PCs? or Macs?
On 1/7/2014 3:46 PM, Billie Walsh wrote:
It really depends on what your doing. I edit a lot of television shows so a
Quad with a minimum of 12 gig is not to bad. It can be done with
a dual core and four gigs if you got loads of time, but anything less that a
quad is no fun.

Exactly.
My OpenSuse Laptop sitting next to me, (a very reliable Inspiron originally
sold with Win XP home)
is now running 3 time the memory DELL said it would run, A much bigger and
faster hard drive, and
most days is has at least one and occasionally 3 VMs running (I work on TCP
apps).

My main desktop machine is the same, sort of setup. Boatload of memory and
quad cor processor.

I use to do this type of work with a room full of computers. I don't miss them.