Re: [opensuse] does anyone have gallery2 on 13.1 running?
* Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-07-14 13:31]:
On 07/01/14 16:29, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-07-14 11:07]:
On 07/01/14 15:54, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
I have installed gallery2 from rpm (server_php_applications)
on 13.1 and running.

Trying to access to run the setup:
http://<web-server>/gallery2

url changes to http://<web-server>/gallery2/install and shows
404.

I used to run the zip package from menalto/gallery but want to
use openSUSE packages if possible.

Coincidentally, I installed it here, just to test drive it. ISTR
I had to type localhost/gallery2/install into the address bar to
get the installer script started. Not sure what you'd do if it's
installed on a remote server.

well, I have w3m on the server but it also gets a 404. I guess I
can install a minimal, "graphical" web browser, but suspect I will
get the same error code :^(

Yep, get same error :^(=!!

I just followed the instructions at the bottom of this page:

http://www.3111skyline.com/linux/photo-mgmt.php

So you did not use openSUSE rpm's but the zip file from menalto/gallery?

I can and have installed the meanlto/gallery version. I wanted to use
openSUSE rpm's :^(

If someone cannot offer suggestions, that is the route I will take.

tks,