Re: [opensuse] Should I switch to DNSmasq and forget bind? [WAS: optimizing resolv.conf]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:53:26 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2014-01-07 15:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

So... is the effort to insist on using bind worth it?

It's fairly easily answered - if using bind is more effort and less
or equal functionality, clearly not.

I know.
But does bind have features that are important enough to keep using
it?

I think only you yourself can answer that. You need to know your
requirements and whether they are best satisfied by dnsmasq or bind.
Personally speaking, I have had a working bind setup for years, it is
hardly any effort maintaining it, I have no plans to switch to
something else. I don't know dnsmasq at all, but to start with, if it
doesn't serve zones, it's no good to me.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.8°C)