Re: [opensuse] Why is RasPi worth more effort than older PCs? or Macs?
On 2014-01-07 02:40, Anton Aylward wrote:
Carlos E. R. said the following on 01/06/2014 07:42 PM:

I also feel the same.

Surely there are other, minimalist, less demanding distributions and
desktops? Surely the OP doesn't have to use KDE or Gnome.

Well, related to that, there are several people that are coming to the
forums with a common interest: they are expatriates from Windows XP (Xp
goes out of support in 2014), seeking someway to keep using their same
computer with something else. And considering openSUSE.

If they can not succeed to make it work, they may go to another
distribution, or going back to Windows.

We have now an opportunity to win a bunch of new users to us.

And years ago, one of Linux advantages was precissely being able to run
on older hardware, contrary to Windows requiring hardware upgrades on
each version upgrade.

Has openSUSE abandoned this goal?

Me, I have an old laptop (~10 years?) on the home server role. I use
LXDE on it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.