Re: [opensuse] capturing streaming flash audio in openSUSE 12.2
On 06/01/14 08:58, jdd wrote:
Le 05/01/2014 23:52, Dylan a écrit :
On 05/01/14 19:43, Istvan Gabor wrote:
[SNIP]

I thought that if the sound is sent out through the soundcard there
should
some method
to capture and record that sound from the soundcard.

Pulseaudio can be configured to do this - you need the pavucontrol
package
installed to route the audio to your recording program.

do you have some explanation? I have pavucontrol and do not see any way

Start audacity recording, then in pavucontrol's "Recording" tab you can set the capture source for audacity to "monitor..." with the button/drop-down control above the "volume" sliders. You'll probably want to set "flat-volumes = no" in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to prevent strange interactions between the various volume controls.

Audacity should now record exactly what is sent to the speakers...

I can make audacity record something, but it's very bad, and looks more
like intermodulation than routing

thanks
jdd