Re: [opensuse] Help with 13.1 and black screens during install
On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 16:44 -0500, Adolph Weidanz wrote:
Hey all,

I am trying to install 13.1 on my HP Paviliion P7-1235 desktop with an
NVIDIA 500 series video card.

I have had 12.3 installed with no problems.

The only difference is I started fresh cause I need to dual boot into
windows. I get through the initial start screens. It formats the disks and
then starts loading the images. Sometime after this it goes to a black
screen with text that moves so fast I can't see it. A moment later it goes
to a black screen. I know that something is being output cause you can see
the screen change when you power it on/off. Then nothing. There does not
appear to be any HD light. I did find a comment somewhere that it took 10
minutes before it would proceed. Well I waited in excess of 30 minutes each
of the 3 time I tried it. I changed parameters to see if it was something
to do with a package selection, but did not see any difference. Once the
screen goes dark, there is no HD light .

Soooo, where do I go from here?

When you begin the installation, try using the keyboard to add the term
"nomodeset" without the quotation marks at the bottom of the first
installation screen as one of the installation parameters.

Mark