Re: [opensuse] Namebench
  • From: Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 07:16:07 -0800
On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 1:52 AM, auxsvr <auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 04 of January 2014 14:41:04 Steven Hess wrote:
There was a previews thread where namebench was mentioned. I thought
it was the optimizing resolv.conf thread.
Anyway this is a different issue. Id like to run it.
The ones I located in OBS were not functional here.
What could I do to try another source?

Try the packages in
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:auxsvr/namebench. They are
known to work at the moment.

Thanks
Steven

Regards,
Peter

When trying to invoke it after installation I get no joy.

flamebait@fuuyuu:/> namebench
If 'namebench' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup
the package that contains it, like this:
cnf namebench
flamebait@fuuyuu:/> cnf namebench
namebench: command not found

Files are installed /usr/namebench/ exists

flamebait@fuuyuu:/> cd /usr/namebench
flamebait@fuuyuu:/usr/namebench> ls
config data templates

Trying to invoke it as a script gives no joy.

Thanks
Steven