Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
On 2014-01-05 08:43, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 01/04/2014 06:41 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

;; Query time: 3 msec

2nd attempt:

;; Query time: 1 msec

The difference in my case is that the first attempt takes 1 second. My internet is much slower than yours - why exactly I would like to know: 1Mbit/s is slow, but not that much when it is idle for a simple query.

Excellent thread - enjoyable and informative. Thanks to all.

Indeed it is.

I'm considering replacing bind with dnsmasq in my main system, it seems far easier to maintain. No need to keep direct and reverse zone files, for different zones. Just an /etc/hosts file...

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.