Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
On 2014-01-04 22:51, David C. Rankin wrote:
Any old box is plenty fast to serve as a firewall/router/dhcpd/bind server.

I use an old laptop with new hard disk for some 24*7 tasks. Saves on energy costs. I have the bottom open, set on top of a tray with fan, one of those sold for cooling laptops, connected to an usb port. Only that I connect the fan to a power converter from the mains, not from an USB socket. The lappy has no battery at all, so it is connected to the same UPS as the router.

But I don't serve dnsmasq to my network because I don't have it absolutely
always running.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.