Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:22:32 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2014-01-04 16:24, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Now notice no outgoing DNS traffic.

If you want to be certain 'nscd' is doing the caching, stop it, then
repeat the exercise and notice outgoing DNS traffic on every ping
command.

It would not work in any of my system, I have always set a DNS cache
server. Previously I used bind, now I use dnsmasq.

I would have to disable that and reconfigure my network.

Hmm, without knowing your config, you still ought to be able to
see/tcpdump the DNS traffic somewhere. If dnsmasq is accessed via
127.0.0.1, just run tcpdump on 'lo'.

If dnsmasq doesn't run locally, run tcpdump on whichever interface is
used to access it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.1°C)