Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
On 1/3/2014 10:25 AM, James Knott wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:
Or? I have dnsmasq running. Should I turn off nscd?

I don't know that having multiple caches will hurt, unless one is
caching longer than the TTL.to the point it has stale data.

Even a "stale" cache is probably good enough in the case of monster
big sites using round-robin dns schemes and very short TTLs.
Those sites are still likely to have all those servers running.

In a sense such sites pervert the whole concept of DNS by
using it to load balance by round-robin.

I'm NOT convinced it should be the remote client's job to
query dns for every page part simply because the site want's
to balance load. Any caching by your own browser or your
in-house nscd, or your ISP's DNS server is going to undo the
web site's round robin via DNS anyway.