Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
Greg Freemyer wrote:
I had no idea TTLs were so short these days. When I was admin'ing DNS
15+ years ago, a week was a very common TTL (time-to-live). If the
majority are down in the minutes area now, it is even more important
to have a busy DNS server in your query forwarding logic somewhere.
My ISP is huge, so I just use theirs.

The TTL is determined by the source DNS and can be set as desired. So,
if you have an address that's not likely to change, then you can go with
a long TTL. However, if you use DNS records for load balancing, as may
be the case with Yahoo, then you probably want a short TTL.