Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
Anton Aylward wrote:
From my POV having an old or tiny box dedicated to DNS with a couple
of gigs of memory[1] with a -ing cache and a -ing long timeout will
'outperform' all of the above after a couple of days, provided I don't
turn it off at night.

Actually, the time to live value in the returned DNS reply will limit
any caching. I just did one test for Yahoo and it showed 34 seconds.
Another one showed 3 min 2 sec, so upstream caches will return a varying
TTL depending on when they obtained the record. Those times are nowhere
near "overnight".