Re: [opensuse] KDEnlive doesn't render
On 01/01/2014 01:02 PM, Peter wrote:
I'm afraid for the moment I can't offer any help except to back you up
by saying I had this exact same problem a few months ago. I don't recall
what fixed it in the end but I'll have a think. It may have been on
12.2, and I suspect in fact I never really fixed it, since it was whilst
I was still using my old machine, a very ancient laptop that had radeon
graphics driver issues and was incapable of playing most types of video
files during the last couple of openSUSE releases I ran on it.

Found it!!! KDEnlive was still configured to use MELT5 - which seemed to
have been in Packman for 12.1 but not for 12.3 and the version which
comes from Suse - of course - doesn't support h.264 de- or encoding.

Solution: Install MELT6 from Packman(!) and configure KDEnlive to use
MELT6 instead of MELT5.

Which version of openSUSE are you using, and do you have an old ATI card
by any chance?

12.3 (don't trust 13.1 yet) and I have an NVidia GTX560 with the NVidia
proprietary drivers.

-S

--
(o_ Stefan Gofferje | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
//\ Reg'd Linux User #247167 | VCP #2263

< Previous Next >
List Navigation