Re: TheRe: [opensuse] Kernel Repos
On Wed, 2014-01-01 at 21:15 +0100, Peter Sikorski GTL wrote:
<snip>
you will only have to recomplilethe kernel itself if there are some
modification you have to do on it (perhaps for some special hardware).

For software close to the kernel, there is a high chance that you remove
the version you get from the repros and recompile it again the new kernel.

My recommendation is to use a kernel version ahead from the normal
repros only on if you want to make some tests or get new experience or
if you badly need some of the new features.
In this case you should take one new version and freeze it.
The versions in this repro change quick and for every new sub-version
you may have to do the same work again.

Happy New Year
Peter

Thank you for your response. I do not have a pressing need for a new
kernel. I did read from this list about some people solving problems by
installing a kernel from the stable repo.

It s good to know how to install it if the need arises and the
consequences of doing so.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

Sudhir