Re: [opensuse] optimizing resolv.conf
John Andersen wrote:
I run my own in-house DNS server on opensuse, because I have a split horizon
for office machines.
Other wise, I would just code openDNS's IPs into the router, which is what I
do at home.
All my machines just point to my in-house server or the router for DNS, and
that means I only
have to change the settings in one place.

I run dnsmasq on my firewall and have it configured OpenDNS and he.net
via IPv6 and Google via IPv4. This works well. I avoid my ISP's DNS as
they send you elsewhere when you enter a bad host name, instead of
returning 404. I have Google via IPv4 for two reasons. If my IPv6
tunnel is down, I need an IPv4 DNS and also for redundancy, if the other
two DNS servers are not working.

Here's what's in my resolv.conf

nameserver 2620:0:ccc::2 #OpenDNS
nameserver 2001:470:20::2 #he.net