Re: TheRe: [opensuse] Kernel Repos
On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 17:59 +0100, Peter Sikorski GTL wrote:

Am 31.12.2013 09:17, schrieb Sudhir Anand:
Hi All.

There is a kernel repo. called stable standard at:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard.

Like the name says it´s really stable.

Is it safe to use kernel from this repo? I have installed 13.1 x64 on
my computer at the moment. Has anyone used this and were there any
issues or problems?

In the moment I use Kernel 3.12.5 from this repro. No problems from the
kernel itselve B U T as the other repros don`t fit to this Kernel,
you will get problems at products that are close tokKernel like vmware
or virtual box. The minimum is that you have to compile and install
yourselve.

With Kind Regards.

Sudhir

HTH Peter

Thank you for your response.

Just to clarify one point. If I install the kernel from the stable
repo, will Virtualbox, Nvidia and similar software have to be removed
and compiled against the new kernel? I take it the kernel will not have
to be compiled?

Regards.

Sudhir