Re: [opensuse] My firefox tries to browse files using an mp3 editor.
Am 30.09.2013 12:18, schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 2013-09-30 07:24, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 30.09.2013 04:32, schrieb Carlos E. R.:

Who/what would be the culprit of writing wrong info to that file, so
that I can notifiy them in bugzilla?

File a bug on the easytag maintainer.
Apparently its desktop file suggests that and I don't think having
x-directory/normal support for easytag makes much sense.

True, it does that:

MimeType=x-directory/normal;inode/directory;audio/x-mp3;audio/x-mpeg;audio/mpeg;application/ogg;audio/x-vorbis+ogg;audio/x-flac;audio/x-musepack;audio/x-ape;

But it is a packman package, so it will have to be reported there.
I'll have to remember how to do that.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll have to edit that file myself.

Hum!

inode/directory, that's also dangerous! The default is
"inode/directory=nautilus.desktop". Although this one has not been
changed in my system, it stays on nautilus.

I don't have Xfce but according to
/var/cache/gio-2.0/xfce-defaults.list there should be a file
/etc/xfce_defaults.conf where you can add your own configuration about
which applications to prefer if there are more than one supporting a
certain mime type.

I'm also not sure if Gio on Xfce behaves as suggested in that local
configuration.

Wolfgang