Re: [opensuse] legacy device support on modern motherboard and linux
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 04:09:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2013-09-29 at 21:49 -0400, Doug wrote:

/snip/
Re: Flash Drives

the problem is more "how to label them" :-)

I think you guys may be in Europe,

Yep. Me, in Spain. jdd in France, IIRC. James probably in the USA (I guess).

so I don't know just what's available
there, but here in the US, you can buy Avery labels in various shapes
and sizes, or a sheet without perforations so you can cut your own.

I know them. I still have somewhere a box of continous folded paper, perforated on the sides for printers. And other sticky labels for laser printers from other local brand.

The
Avery labels are used to print mailing labels which can be stuck to
envelopes with their own sticky stuff. I cut a piece of the label to fit
on the flash drive. The smarter folks will write on it _before_ removing
it from the backing paper, but I usually forget.

:-)

Dos not work very well with fashionable devices, made with curves :-)

Some times I write numbers or letters on the bright white metal of the plug. Very little space, but suffices sometimes.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.