Re: [opensuse] legacy device support on modern motherboard and linux
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 16:57:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2013-09-29 at 10:41 -0400, James Knott wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:
I have used floppies, not very recently, to take documents to some people.
Nowdays I would perpahs use usb stick (if they are not disabled at the
sites). However, the minimum size I can find for sticks is 8 GB. I can not
find a 1GB stick for one use.

I recently received a 64 MB!!! USB stick. It came with a new cable
modem. This is the smallest one I've ever owned. My first, which I
bought 11-12 years ago, was 128 MB. I currently keep an 8 GB one on my
key ring.

Wow.

The 1 GiB size would be useful; for instance, to hold CD sized live system (Linux or not). If I want to boot the openSUSE "CD" I have to use an 8 GB stick!

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.