[opensuse] Re: Repeated key syndrome
Dave Howorth wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Do you have any bash completion packages inatalled? I have these:

subversion-bash-completion
bash-completion

Maybe this mechanism interacts with the ESC key?

Well spotted, Roger! Yes I get the same message if I press the TAB key
repeatedly, And the 3691 things it wants to list are indeed the commands
available to me.
---
TAB is the default completion key, so that makes sense.

multiple ESC's don't do anything on my BASH... but here's a possibility...
I'm in "vi" edit mode in my bash -- ESC can't be used for Meta, since
it's used for changing vi modes.

I use the 'high bit' for Meta...so maybe that, or the fact that I'm
in vi mode?