[opensuse] SuSE studio, NFS/httpd/misc appliance, and 4TB drives
Hi, all --

You may remember from earlier this year that I asked about how to not
spend a lot of time building and maintaining my disk farm server and was
pointed to susestudio. It sounds awesome, and I'm gonna get there -- I
promise :-)

Actually, it's time, because I've just gotten a pair of 4T drives and
find that I can't access them. I only have an older BIOS-based system
available, but I'm hopeful that I can find GPT-enabled kernels in the
studio images so that I can use these.

My plan is to boot from flash drive in order to maintain as many SATA
slots as possible for data drives, so I don't expect to have to boot from
these guys; I just need to be able to address them. I don't know if that
makes my BIOS-based adventures any easier, though.

Can anyone provide any pointers on

- using >2T drives for data in a BIOS-based system

- susestudio appliances and GPT and large drives, oh my

- and, since I'm here, getting started with susestudio

to get me headed in the right direction?

TIA & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G