Re: [opensuse] Re: Repeated key syndrome
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:26:10 +0200
On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 04:15:45 PM Jim Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:03:00 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
If I just keep pressing ESC, it says that on every third press. I've no
idea why.

Seems to be a bash thing - I use tcsh as my default shell, and it doesn't
work there, but if I start bash, I see similar behaviour. The esc key is
the meta key, so there must be a key binding somewhere that defines what
it does. I get the exact same output hitting tab twice, too.

Do you have any bash completion packages inatalled? I have these:

subversion-bash-completion
bash-completion

Maybe this mechanism interacts with the ESC key?

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems