Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
On 24/09/13 22:23, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
On 24/09/13 02:29, Per Jessen wrote:
[...]
Sorry - you go to Yast->Network devices - then edit the address
assignment mode for the individual device(s). Usually you will have
static, dhcpv4, dhcpv6 and 4+6. (all from memory, ymmv).
Thanks for this but the water is too cold and too deep so I'll stay in the
boat where it is safe :-) .
You can "stay in the boat" where you may *never* reach shore, but the
described action does work as I have been using it for several years on my
server machine(s), which are still on 11.2.

That's nice.... for you :-) . But when one has never touched anything-networking telling one to "edit address assignment mode...." goes totally over the head.

Now, if someone posts a screenshot of YaST where such a change was done then one can start to understand what "address assignment mode....." means and where it is configured :-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor