Re: [opensuse] email archive transfer (was "Re: [opensuse] Email suggestions")
Richard, et al --

...and then Richard said...
%
% On 09/23/2013 01:23 PM, John Andersen wrote:
% >On 9/23/2013 10:30 AM, ellanios82 wrote:
% >
% >> - does anyone still use 'pine' ?

I'm a mutt-er, BTW :-)

%
% Is there an easy way to transfer old emails to the new system? Many
% were saved as receipts, passwords for new sites, like that. I suppose I
% could store as an archive but then would not be able to open in T-bird I
% assume.

Your best bet is probably to use an IMAP server to export from kmail and
import to Tbird. I recently had to move years of mail archives for one
of my users who thought it would be wise to move to gmail; I just pointed
to the gmail IMAP address and hey, presto, it was just like more folders.
I can't imagine, for those of us who wouldn't want to wash years of email
through gmail, that setting up a temporary IMAP server locally would be
too very hard.

Good luck!

HTH & HAND

:-D