Re: [opensuse] opensuse gimp
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 02:30:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-09-23 at 23:10 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/09/13 17:01, Dylan wrote:
On 23/09/13 04:35, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/09/13 00:18, Carlos E. R. wrote:

multimedia:photo 2.8.6

Is this a repo? Cannot see anywhere. You ARE using openSUSE? :-)

Yep, yep :-)

<http://software.opensuse.org/package/gimp>

12.3, show other versions, then show unstable packages.

But that is "cheating" in a way! Who in their right mind would use
FACTORY when most people understand that Factory is full of demons and
snakes and gotchas and gremlins and developers!? :-)

ROTFL! X'-)

"unstable" seems to be a bad description, and in this case is nothing to do with "Factory"...

Right.

OK I now see what Carlos and you are talking about. The repos which *I* always think about are those which are shown in YaST's list of repositories including those under the Community heading. The repos shown in the URL Carlos provided, and you are talking about, don't appear in YaST.

Those are the most popular repos, but there are many more. Some do have "factory" in their names. Some have "home" - beware of these, do not use unless you know the owner says all right, because some/many are kind of experimental playgrounds of their owners.

The ones I pointed you to are alright. You do not want a gnome repo? Alright, but there is another repo. This time you can choose.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.