Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:29:55 +0200
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 23/09/13 23:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 23/09/13 21:18, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 23/09/13 18:37, Per Jessen wrote:
Or just change the network config to only use dhcpv4. No reboot
necessary, except to verify :-)
Sorry Per - changing this requires a reboot. YaST tells me so and
I am not about to argue with YaST :-)
Funny, if I change this, it doesn't require a reboot. In fact, no
network changes ever require a reboot.
Eh, I get a message in YaST as soon as I untick the ip6 box that
doing this change will require a reboot. This in both 12.3 and 13.1.

Well, that's not the change I proposed - I proposed you go and change
the network config for the interface to only use dhcpv4.

You speak in foreign tongue - I know not what you are talking about
:-) .

Where in the bowls of oS am I to find this mysterious "dhcpv4" to be
able to do unspeakable things to it? :-)

Sorry - you go to Yast->Network devices - then edit the address
assignment mode for the individual device(s). Usually you will have
static, dhcpv4, dhcpv6 and 4+6. (all from memory, ymmv).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.9°C)