Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
On 23/09/13 23:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 23/09/13 21:18, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 23/09/13 18:37, Per Jessen wrote:
Or just change the network config to only use dhcpv4. No reboot
necessary, except to verify :-)
Sorry Per - changing this requires a reboot. YaST tells me so and I
am not about to argue with YaST :-)
Funny, if I change this, it doesn't require a reboot. In fact, no
network changes ever require a reboot.
Eh, I get a message in YaST as soon as I untick the ip6 box that doing
this change will require a reboot. This in both 12.3 and 13.1.

Well, that's not the change I proposed - I proposed you go and change
the network config for the interface to only use dhcpv4.

You speak in foreign tongue - I know not what you are talking about :-) .

Where in the bowls of oS am I to find this mysterious "dhcpv4" to be able to do unspeakable things to it? :-)

Disabling
ipv6 is a big gun for such a tiny issue, and probably will require a
reboot, yes.
BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor