Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
Basil Chupin wrote:
Or just change the network config to only use dhcpv4. No reboot
necessary, except to verify :-)

Sorry Per - changing this requires a reboot. YaST tells me so and I am
not about to argue with YaST :-)

Funny you should mention that. I tried enabling and disabling DHCPv6
yesterday and was never asked to reboot.

BTW, in IPv6, DHCP is generally used for stuff other than getting an
address. It can be used for pointing to DNS and other servers. The
address is normally derived from the MAC address or a random number.