Re: [opensuse] boot menu doesn't fit
On 2013-09-22 16:25 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

On 2013-09-22 15:39 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

grub2 has problems.

Why are you still using it?

Because it is the future,

So what? You're breathing 12.3 today.

and I expect they will remove grub 1 eventually.

Why not cross that bridge if and when you reach it?

Optimal is one thing. Workable is another.

12.3 was out the door months ago. Try it in 13.1. If it's still a problem, file a bug if there isn't one already, or comment in or at least CC an existing one.

I suppose they only tested grub2 with a high resolution, wide screen
display, there it is perfect. On lower spect machines, it is pretty bad.
Fine as long as you only use the default boot, problematic otherwise.

Not every developer has an unlimited supply of environments to test with. Probably close to the opposite is the reality. Everything cannot be tested via VM. It's up to the community to fill in the gaps during development, not wait to complain after GA.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/