Re: [opensuse] boot menu doesn't fit (was: Improved perf...)
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-22-13 10:26]:
On Sunday, 2013-09-22 at 10:13 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
[...]
I have more than a dozen 12.3 installations. None have Grub2 installed.
All have Grub (Legacy) installed. Default selections cannot be optimal for
everyone.

Optimal is one thing. Workable is another.

I suppose they only tested grub2 with a high resolution, wide screen
display, there it is perfect. On lower spect machines, it is pretty bad.
Fine as long as you only use the default boot, problematic otherwise.

Yes, linux is no longer the operating system that runs on minimal
equipment w/o many special adjustments/package selections, unless you
utilize a distro specifically for miniminal installs.