Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
On 22/09/13 20:42, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Saturday, 2013-09-21 at 00:13 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

I was just wondering why you need to go to the trouble of editing the menu list.

Grub2 uses very long names that go out of the screen, in such a way that as all labels on the left side read the same (version is on the right side), it is impossible to know what you are booting except by guessing and counting lines. :-/

So yes, of course I edit them, to remove suprfluous text.

And on next kernel upgrade it gets undone, and I have to edit it again. :-/

Sorry but I simply do not understand. I upgrade to a new kernel everytime one becomes available and I have NEVER edited anything[#]. I simply run grub2-mkconfig and that's it. AND I have several operating systems installed (12.2, 12.3, Tumbleweed, 13.1, Ubuntu 13.04, Windows 7 Professional).

[#] The only thing I do edit is the /boot directory where I delete the old kernel files.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor