Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
On 21/09/13 02:02, Dylan wrote:
On 20/09/13 13:56, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 18/09/13 23:18, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
Install systemd-analyze and look at graph that shows relative timing of
different services. This will answer, what startup is waiting for.

Thanks for this, but I see no graph when I run systemd-analyze - even
with the 'plot' option which you mention later. When I do run 'plot' all
I see are pages and pages and pages of meaningless - to me - output.

Try: systemd-analyze -plot > systemd.svg

then open it in an app that can show an svg file... (reading the man page would make this obvious)

Thanks for this. I now have this graph but it doesn't mean much to me as I find it hard to interpret it - and even if I could I wouldn't be able to solve the delay as it's in the system as far as I know.

BTW, Gimp was the app. which opened and displayed the *.svg file.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor